Very recently, I celebrated my 22nd birthday and therefore ended my year of being 21. Being 21 is quite a milestone age and this got me thinking about what I had achieved and what new things I had experienced at 21. So, I have decided to review my year, to see if being 21 is the milestone year its cracked up to be.
Here’s a summarised list of my 21 experience.
- Realising that drinking is not worth the hangover.
- Experiencing my first real loss. The death of my beloved Granddad.
- Quitting my first real job. I was a Barista.
- Going on my first holiday with my boyfriend. Lake district. Loved it.
- Getting my second proper job. A wench. Very Glamorous.
- Realising that Shisha gives me a worse hangover than alcohol, and that I don’t think it’s meant to.
- Deciding that my partying days are over. (To be honest they never really began.)
- Moving in with my boyfriend!
- My first Christmas without my complete family. Bereavement hits hard.
- Severely burning my left hand in a soup accident. All healed now, but I was concerned I’d lost my fingerprints for a few weeks.
- Leaving my wench job. I really wasn’t happy about the burning soup.
- Developing Thanatophobia and anxiety.
- Starting my degree in History. Best decision I’ve ever made.
- Finally deciding to become a writer.
- Starting up my blog.
- Writing a screenplay.
- Finding my christian faith again. Thanks Hillsong!
- Starting a novel. Fingers crossed.
And here’s my list of everything I want to achieve as a 22 year old.
- Finish my novel.
- Publish my novel.
- Help raise awareness for hedgehogs. (They need our help!)
- Raise awareness and help those caught up in Human Trafficking. It’s a bigger problem than a lot of us think.
- Move out of my parents house.
- Continue learning to manage my Thanatophobia and anxiety.
- Writing, writing and more writing.
- Campaign for better protection of our ancient forests and woodland habitats.
- Even if its just in a small way I want to turn 23 knowing that I made the world a little better when I was 22.
Thank you for reading this blog post, I hope it wasn’t too long. I’d really love to know what your experiences were of being 21 or what you hope to achieve when you are 21. Also, if you want more information on Thanatophobia, Anxiety, Hedgehogs or Human Trafficking, then let me know and I will do a blog post on those subjects. Please leave comments below, I can’t wait to read them.